I started a list on my phone a while back called “Things Worse Than Heartbreak.” I add items to the list when they happen to me, or someone I know, so that one day when I’m heartbroken & sad (or I know someone who is) I can look back at the list & think “well at least ____ didn’t happen; could be worse.” It’s kind of silly, but I enjoy it. So, I thought it was time to share them here. If for nothing else, they’ll be in a safe keeping place in case my phone dies, or the cloud crashes, or whatever.
- Making waffles and opening the cabinet to find you have no syrup.
- Coming home to eat the leftovers you’ve been craving all day, only to find out somebody else already ate them.
- When the spoon bends dishing out ice cream.
- When your dog eats the neighbors cat.
- Pumping gas in the dead of winter.
- When the pizza joint won’t honor your free XL pizza coupon.
- When you accidentally close Tumblr and lose your place in the quotes feed.
- Blow drying your hair in Mid June
- Putting lotion on your upper body with cold hands.
- Sneezing right after you swipe on mascara.
- Someone else using the squat rack.
- Airport delays.
- When you’ve gotta poop at work in the bathroom with only 2 stalls, and someone comes in.
- Messing up a huge order at work.
- Taking a shower after dark when you’re home alone.
- When your car breaks down.